Position: – Team Lead - Embedded Software Systems
Co-founded in 2013 by IIT graduates - Tarun Mehta and Swapnil Jain, Ather Energy is one of the few
hardware start-ups in India. Ather has designed India’s first truly intelligent electric scooters and are
backed by the founders of Flipkart, Tiger Global and Hero Motocorp. Ather Energy has filed 43
patent applications along with 11 international patent applications and 122 design registrations of
their products that have been designed and made in India. Ather has also installed a comprehensive
public charging network, AtherGrid in Bengaluru.
At Ather, we believe in the superiority of an electric drive. With a firm belief in vertical integration in
design, we have built our own chassis, suspensions, lithium ion battery packs, battery management
systems and body work. In June 2018, the company launched ‘Ather 340’ and ‘Ather 450’- a higher
performance flagship variant. Both these models have been designed with quick acceleration, great
handling, large storage space and new-to-category features like park assist, remote diagnostics, and
onboard navigation. In the last five years, Ather has not only built the scooter, but an ecosystem for
an electric vehicle future. With the successful launch of Ather 450 & Ather 340 and AtherGrid in
Bangalore, Ather is now looking forward to expanding into Chennai & Pune in the coming months.
What will I be doing at Ather?
The S340 is a smart electric scooter designed ground-up. You will play a key role in the
implementation of the embedded systems that power the vehicle.
• Working with the product management team to realize the product vision
• Active involvement in the design and implementation to improve the ease of application
development and maintainability
• Defining engineering processes to improve the quality of the product as well as the
efficiency of the team.
• Working on Board bring-up, schematics understanding and hardware debugging
What kind of experience & skills do I need for this role?
• 9-17 years demonstrated proficiency with successful product design, implementation and
• Proficient in C and C++ programming languages
• Experience developing drivers, middleware and applications on microcontrollers
• Strong experience in Linux/Android architectures as well as firmware architectures.
• Serial/Parallel interconnects – RS232, I2C, SPI, CAN, USB, SDIO
• Connectivity – WLAN/BT, GPS, GSM, Ethernet
• Drivers such as LCD Display, Touch panel, NAND, eMMC, SD/MMC, etc.
• Expertise in embedded systems Linux, Android & Firmware systems.
• Experience in using debugging tools Multi-ICE / JTAG / TRACE32 /Lauterbach/Logic
What should I have graduated in?
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (CS) or Electronics and Communications (ECE)