At Ather we designed, built and launched the 450 - India’s first intelligent electric scooter. The 450 has been built to offer a vastly superior experience compared to any other scooter. We launched the 450 in Bengaluru in June-2018 to tremendous reception that led to the vehicle being booked out till August-2019. With the 450, we are just getting started and have launched only in Bengaluru. Over the next 2 years, Ather will expand across the country, and also work on releasing newer and better versions of the 450. That is where you come in. You will be responsible for managing the transition of 450 from a vehicle that sells in one city to a vehicle that sells across the country.
As a product, 450 is an ever-evolving product, even after it has been shipped to a customer. This is because software plays a crucial role in the operations of the product, right from the power delivered by the motor to the distance you can ride on a full charge. Hence, Ather will frequently release over-the-air updates which will result in the 450 improving. Similarly, as a startup, we are very receptive to all the feedback we receive on the 450 and continuously evaluate and incorporate the feedback to make the 450 a better product.
Role at Ather:
1. Building the brand imagery of 450 across channels, right from the emails we send to our social channels.
2. Working with teams across Ather, including Software (which releases Over-the-air updates), Production, Engineering, Product management and retail to manage the 450 Roadmap from Marketing point of view.
3. Contributing to the roadmap from customer feedback, and managing the consumer-facing implications of any product changes, if any.
4. Monitor the sales of the 450, and, jointly with the insights team, suggest improvements to the organization on changes.
5. Working with our consumer research wing to improve our understanding of the 450 consumer and the way the 450 is being used.
6. Communicate any 450-related Voice of Customer to the product team for incorporation into future versions.
1. First hand experience in managing a consumer brand
2. Experience in dealing with products across geographies
3-5 years of experience in a consumer product company, in a brand role.