What will I be doing at Ather?
The main goal is to grow the services network (design & manufacturing) by aligning product development opportunities, developing the supplier base for Ather and defining the quantified value of outsourcing. This role works in conjunction with all engineering and operations teams to identify outsourcing opportunities, work with prospective suppliers to define and execute projects and work directly with the engineering teams to demonstrate and validate the proposed solutions with the support of suppliers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This position will work in coordination with all engineering functions. He/she will outsource, monitor and follow up on projects at Ather with specific reference to setting up outsourcing process including project definition, scope, rate negotiations, SLAs, NDAs, MSAs with suppliers. Will be responsible for bidirectional feedback between Ather and its suppliers.
• Map technical areas to available competency of supplier workforce in India for a range of technical domains.
• Responsible for on boarding suppliers quickly into the main stream product development process.
• Identify technical areas for outsourcing (design / manufacturing, Mechanical, Electrical, Embedded, Supply Chain, Product testing)
• To be able to identify with the help of engineering teams the IP centric work and outsourceable work.
• Maintain a database of competency mapped to suppliers available in India and greater Asia.
• Effective in management of project deliveries and coordinating with suppliers with respect to time lines and periodic reviews with engineering project teams.
• Manage a portfolio of projects both long term and short term and optimise between the onsite and offsite models.
• Train supplier workforce by focusing on metrics (measurable quality, service delivery time and cost) on a consistent basis
• Implement a review process that results in zero rework at supplier end.
• Drives the standardization of design / manufacturing processes and the implementation of metrics and best practices (Ather standards).
• This role is expected to work closely with legal team to ensure the SLAs and NDAs are up to date and in place for all suppliers.
• Assist in setting annual business targets for outsourcing.
What kind of experience & skills do I need for this role?
• BE/B.Tech in Engineering and MBA (desired) with 7-10 years of experience in business development and engineering outsourcing
• Minimum 5-10 years of experience in engineering outsourcing, outsourcing strategy formulation, competency mapping across suppliers (design and manufacturing)
• Minimum 2-4 years of supplier account management experience including invoice validation, establishing supplier payment process, SLAs, NDAs, rate negotiations and resource optimization.
• Exposure in Customer Service, Sales processes and service experience (product servicing)
• Good experience in design and manufacturing project time estimation. Good experience in managing mechanical / electronic projects preferred.
• Some basic understanding of CAM / CAD/ PLM systems is mandatory.
• Prior Lean Six Sigma GB level training / PMI certification desirable.
• Exposure to project management tools such as Redmine or MS Project and Primavera. ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
• Extensive knowledge of supplier base pertaining to design and manufacturing in India
• Aligning the work requirements to best available suppliers
• Supplier workforce management / issues resolution.