What will you be doing at Ather?
• Plan, organize, and manage infrastructure staff and/or consultants to ensure the stable and secure operation of the organization’s IT infrastructure.
• This includes developing, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing key functional areas, particularly network infrastructure, server infrastructure, data communications, and telecommunications systems.
• The Infrastructure Manager will also manage end-user customer service and direct activities to resolve hardware and software problems in a timely and accurate fashion.
• Directs and coordinates voice, network and data information systems and staff.
Information Security Engineer Duties and Responsibilities
• Oversee IT Department: every task that IT department personnel engage in, from performing routine system updates to installing entirely new elements, will need to be monitored and guided by the IT Infrastructure Manager.
• Record Data: making sure that all relevant data is properly collected and stored. This can include performance metrics, service levels, server status and both planned and unplanned system outages. Depending on company’s protocol, the IT Infrastructure Manager will need to deliver the data they’ve collected to higher-level employees on a regular daily, weekly or monthly basis.
• Implement Processes and Procedures: in compliance to ISO27001 or organization decided policy he is responsible to implement the processes and procedures and set a control mechanism around it to ensure its followed.
• Vendor Management: works with external vendors to support hardware, software and operations. Establish strong partnerships with those vendors to set clear expectations. This includes negotiating access agreements, establishing service level agreements, and ensuring contracts are in place to support the services provided by the infrastructure team.
• Procurement: will be responsible to evaluate and procure system and network equipment.
What skills and experience you should have?
• Attention to Detail – proactive and noting minute details to avoid issues. Conducting RCA and fix the issue to the root.
• Team player – capable of handling IT helpdesk team of 4 and more in 24x7 environment.
• Extensive Technical Knowledge – worked on technologies such as Microsoft, Cisco , mailing solutions, IDS, IPS, CASB, AV, storage area networks, WAN acceleration, virtualization, firewalls, routers, Lease Line, ILL, PRI, routing switching.
• Management Skills – excellent people skills in order to effectively manage their company’s IT department.
• Certification – Cisco Certified / Microsoft Certified / ITIL/ Comptia / AWS/ GCP Architect
• Communication Skills –communication to strategize, plan and collaborate with both higher- and lower-level colleagues.
• Cloud Exposure: AWS, GCP cloud platforms
• A strong multi-tasker with a keen eye for detail. Well organized and thrive in fast-paced, high-stress scenarios
• Direct experience with anti-virus software, intrusion detection, firewalls and content filtering, Proxy, DLP, WAF, CASB, IRM
• Knowledge of risk assessment tools, technologies and methods
• Experience designing secure networks, systems and application architectures
• Work with security team to patch vulnerabilities and hardening systems and network
• Knowledge of capacity planning, disaster recovery planning and execution
• Experience planning, researching and developing policies, standards and procedures
• Professional experience in a system administration role supporting multiple platforms and applications
• Leading IT helpdesk team to resolve end user issue to satisfaction
• Maintaining Infra Uptime in-line with SLA to business.
• Lead devops team, plan and implement role-based access
• Setup monitoring system and issue resolution across applications and infrastructure.
• Available 24x7 to address critical issues.
What Should I be graduated in?
B.E/B.Tech (Preferable to have MBA)