Position: NPD Plastics
Reports to: Peripheral Lead
Experience: 5 – 10 yrs in plastics components development. Preferably Automotive
Qualification: Engineering graduate in Mechanical from a reputed institute
What will I be doing at Ather?
● Mainly responsible for built to print polymer components (NPD will be direct technical interface with vendor from Engineering)
● Understanding vendor manufacturing capabilities and feeding the inputs back in design
● Responsible for review of DFM, DFA and DFT aspects
● Participating in vendor qualification in terms of manufacturing process capabilities
● Stabilizing manufacturing process on vendor end
● Creating process map, PFMEA,
● Initial setup of MBoM before handover to factory team
● Develop acceptance criteria.
● Ensure that the parts for validation (component and vehicle) are checked for all CTQs & signed off by Engineering before dispatch from suppliers
● Change management communication & co-ordination with the suppliers
● Conduct PPAP & develop a plan for all open issues before hand over to Quality
● Optimizing the manufacturing process to reduce cost and improve yield
What kind of experience & skills do I need for this role?
● Expertise on Plastic injection molding and experience in Materials used in Automobile industry - 2 to 3 Projects on Plastic body works development
● Technical expertise in manufacturing process
● Being up to date with state of the art in manufacturing processes and look out for vendors
● Knowledge of machines and their cost and capabilities
● Knowledge of different suppliers wrt various aspects of NPD for a given component from a strategy point of view
● High Proficiency in Solidworks & CATIA
● PFMEA approach to product development
● Material knowledge
● GD&T and Tolerance stack.