Group Company: Ather Energy Pvt. Ltd.
Join the team that plugs the intelligence in our scooters!
Ather Energy is the only manufacturing start-up that has built intelligent & intuitive software into its electric vehicle using IoT technology. The scooter is equipped with a touchscreen interactive dashboard and an integrated mobile app that allows first in its category features like on-board navigation, remote diagnostics and over-the-air (OTA) updates.This requires folks who can solve problems using the fundamentals of engineering & tech to be a part of the software innovation at Ather.
What will I be doing at Ather?
• Architect & Design solutions for cloud (Google Cloud) which are optimal, secure, efficient, scalable, resilient and reliable, catering to the needs of the organization
• Setting up cloud architecture & technology strategies, standards, governance and best practices & identify right set of cloud technologies to be used for specific type of solutions and drive the effort to template and automate those technologies to be used at scale
• Architect and implement DevOps processes and CI/CD pipelines
• Design strategies and tools to deploy, monitor, and administer Cloud applications and the underlying services for Cloud (Google Cloud)
• Work with engineering/product teams for designing, building & productionizing components that will grow in capability while being multi-tenant, global, scalable & highly available
• Scout the technology landscape for emerging technologies, patterns and solutions that can benefit Ather & our customers
• Build some quick POC and write some code for exploring new technology solutions.
• Keep up to date with market trends and competitive insights. Evaluate technology and tools to enable the product ecosystem
• Partner with the product managers to enhance the quality and usability of the products & collaborate with Product Marketing to drive greater traction to products / features!
What kind of experience & skills do I need for this role?
• 8+ years of deep technology experience at very large enterprises or web scale product companies
• 2+ years of architecture, design, implementation, and/or support of highly distributed applications (i.e. having an architectural sense for ensuring availability, reliability, etc.) preferably on cloud
• Demonstrate strong analytical and technical problem-solving skills by leveraging the latest trends in technologies such as cloud, AI, and big data
• Handle ambiguity and able to move forward with imperfect information and get things done in a rapidly changing environment
• Must be comfortable working in an environment where ideas are challenged
• Deep understanding of cloud computing and data technologies, business drivers, emerging computing trends, and deployment options (preferably in Google Cloud)
• Expert in defining, designing and developing distributed and scalable products and services, including reusable domain-specific micro-services on multi-platform /hybrid clouds
• Deep understanding of Application, Infrastructure and security architecture and non-functional aspects like Performance, Scalability, Reliability, Availability etc
• Deep experience in GCP (with good fundamentals in network and security) as well as PAAS. Good understanding of all Google Cloud services and ability to choose the right service for a workload among multiple Google Cloud services.
• Expertise in DevOps, Agile methodologies, containers, CI/CD,and tools like Jira, etc
• Experience with software and product development life-cycle (incl. coding, coding standards and reviews, source control, testing, debugging, build, deployment and operations)
• Front end / UI technologies including frameworks such as React/Angular.js
• REST / Web-services (with high performance, multi-tenancy, global, scalable elements)
• MQTT, SQL, XML, JSON, GIT, Ant/Maven, Jenkins
• Familiarity with Data Ingestion, Analytics, AI technologies (preferable on Google Cloud)
• The role is an individual contributor role, however the candidate would need to demonstrate key skills to be able to influence without authority as he/she would interact with senior strategy and architecture leaders, product engineering teams, infrastructure & IT teams
What should I have graduated in?
• B.E/B.Tech, Preferably Masters or PhD in Computer Science, MIS or equivalent
• Professional Cloud Architect certification by Google
Educational qualifications preferred
Required work experience
Key Performance Indicators:
Work Environment Details: