What will I be doing at Ather?
• Maintain up-to-date Server inventory at DC, on premise and Cloud.
• Provide L2 support to ITHelpdesk for day to day issues.
• Work as an incident manager to handle any outage and fix it to resolution and escalate as required.
• Check for issues on server and server resource; prioritize and respond to tickets as appropriate.
• Perform file system configuration and management; define and perform server backups and recovery procedures.
• Plan and implement server upgrades, maintenance fixes, and vendor-supplied patches.
• Perform and test backups and restores to ensure that enterprise data is effectively protected.
• Monitor, analyse, and predict trends for storage equipment performance, space allocation, and data growth to recommend enhancements.
• Deployment of monitoring and server hardening
What kind of experience & skills do I need for this role?
• 4-6 yrs of experience in Design, installation & administering servers and related components and managing and handling technical / IT Helpdesk team.
• Linux Server Installation, Patch Management, Networking, System Internals, Powershell, Printing, Clustering, IIS, Management Tools, Scripting, Performance Tuning, Terminal Services, KMS.
• Knowledge of LDAP and services such as DHCP, DNS, SAMBA, DFS etc; Virtualization environments, KVM, XEN;
• In-depth Knowledge of LAN & WAN Networks; Desktop O/S
• Knowledge of server hardware, installation, configuration, maintenance & troubleshooting; RAID, storage and associated components, SAN, NAS.
• Endpoint protection with Mcafee , DLP , CASB
• Redhat Certified , RHCA, RHCE, CCNA & optionally ITIL® certified.
• Hands on experience on AWS/Azure/Google cloud services on creating VNET, VM, Cloud services and its architecture and billing.
• Knowledge of Windows architecture
• Good in Oral and written communication; Customer service orientation; Team Player; Problem-solving & Resolution oriented.
• Should be okay for on-call availability for emergency issues 24x7, and must be mobile (to data-centre, branches etc).
What should I have graduated in?
• Bachelor’s/Master’s in computer science or any other equivalent degree