WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING AT ATHER?
As a beginner in product engineering in Operations, you will be working with us to make and manage changes that go into our current scooters.
Current Products are those that have been developed and passed on to Operations for Production, Sales, Maintenance and Service, after a through Gate Review process. As on September 2018, the Ather 450 (and soon Ather 340), its Battery and its Private POD have qualified this definition. Principally working with the Current Product, you will be working closely with engineering, process, quality and sourcing teams in this role.
Changes that are to be done based on Bugs on reliability, cost, production improvement are to be taken up, evaluated and are to be incorporated into the product.
Specific goals/objectives you will be accountable for:
1. MBOM Management on PLM (Teamcenter)
2. Make design changes wrt minor drawing and minor functional changes based on problems in the field or in the production line
3. Monitor changes that go back to the engineering department to close on a solution within 2 weeks from the time a line issue is raised.
4. Monitor and support RCAs that come from Quality team for field issues and RCAs that come from Process Engineering and evaluate changes needed on the product for the same.
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE REQUIRED FOR THIS ROLE?
- Proven work experience in Design Engineering who also has a very good understanding of PLM systems and MBOM Management
- Hands-on experience with design of physical components or packaging design of complex products.
WHAT SHOULD YOU HAVE GRADUATED IN?
- Engineering Degree in Mech/Auto/Industrial