Group Company: Ather Energy Pvt. Ltd.
What are we looking for?
- We are looking for Strategic Sourcing professional with 5+ years of experience to manage the Chemicals category(which includes materials for thermal management/cooling of Battery and Motor, epoxy, resins ,etc) . The candidate needs to be a fast learner who can quickly develop an understanding of relevant technologies and design & implement sourcing strategies for the commodity
What will I be doing at Ather?
- You will have to take end-to-end ownership of the category with primary responsibility being that of identifying company’s needs, and suitably designing and executing sourcing strategies, both short and long term.
- You will have to develop the supplier partnerships to align with the category strategy and drive supplier performance excellence. Own the relationship and work closely with the suppliers, right from development till productionization of parts, which may include co-design of parts, as needed
- As part of the entire ownership, you will have to secure supplier selection which brings in process and execution technologies that align with the organization’s product and technology roadmaps. Constantly engage with suppliers to identify and develop process methods and work with Engineering to incorporate them into the product plans
- You will be expected to work closely with Engineering during the design and development phase and provide DFM/A/T/Sourcing inputs during finalization of the part specifications on NPD projects
- It is an expectation that you identify and develop a Part Cost/NRE/Lead Time model for category and sub-category parts, related to company’s needs, understand levers for each, develop strategy to optimize them, and advise suitable actions and inputs to Product, Engineering, NPD and the Manufacturing teams
- You will have to establish cost and quality improvement glidepaths for category parts. With high impact opportunities, drive cost reduction initiatives for the respective category parts on existing products
- You will also have to execute contracts with suppliers to secure commitment on cost, quality and delivery and mitigate potential risks associated with SLAs
What skills should I have?
You will be expected to
- Be strategic and think creatively
- Have excellent analytical & negotiation skills
- Be proactive and take initiative
- Have an ability to work effectively in cross functional teams
- Have an ability to communicate effectively with clarity, both in direction and in details
- Have an ability to execute and deliver on commitments, identify risks early and proactively mitigate them
What Qualifications should I have?
- Bachelors degree in Engineering from premier engineering institutes; MBA is desirable
- 7+ years of relevant functional experience
- Experience in industries such as Automobile, Aerospace or other related manufacturing industries
- Experience in working on NPI (New Product Introduction) projects will be an added plus
Would I be expected to Travel?
- Travel to supplier locations, as required
Work Environment Details:
- Work Permit:
- Pay Rate:
- Contract Types:
- Time Constraints:
- Compliance Related:
- Union Affiliation: