New Product Development - Quality, Bangalore
What are we looking for?
- Supporting NPD development team with collation of information and analysis of relevant Quality data - Past failures, Market Survey and Warranty of previous products etc.,
- Ensure Quality Evaluation plan preparation and timely evaluation - Quality evaluation plan at various builds stages and evaluate them as per the project time plan
- Ensure the Product Spec & Product Target Quality is signed-off in appropriate gates; Manage Quality Plans & Quality Indicators during the Program.
- Facilitate, Participate, Review & monitor quality planning activities in the program and present the status during project reviews
- Evaluate the inspection requirements for all CTQs (Dimn. Functional) and propose the IMTEs with Mfg, team and plan for procurement installation of the IMTEs before SoP
- Ensure Target Quality & Verification tests are consistent with requirements and real-world usage conditions - Co-ordinate with Product Validation team.
- Ensure Quality of Event of critical activities in every gale and ensure Program Quality discipline & program signoffs
- Verify the Supplier and In-House APQP status report is meeting the Quality requirements in line with QMS and review them at various gates and recommend gateways clearance
- Ensure Processes at various manufacturing stages are set consistently by Mfg. Engg. (Part and Assy.) and the capability established for Supplier and In-house.
- Evaluate the gateway deliverables and record the observations, participate in Gateway deviation and risk evaluation process.
- Participate and lead all buy-off processes (ex. color harmony, dimensional reviews, functional builds, Fit and Finish reviews etc.) along with Engineering and Sourcing team
- Ensure Lessons Learnt captured & shared with the program management team
- Co-ordinate for all PPAP evaluation at Supplier and Inhouse to recommend the process clearance before SoP
- Participate the FMEA processes along with Design and Manufacturing Engineering team
- Facilitate problem solving methodology and ensure closure of product concerns, use of suitable methodology such as QC Story / 8D etc.,
What will I be doing at Ather?
- Ensure the Product quality is meeting as per the agreed Target Quality - At different build levels
- Complete the PPAPs of both inhouse and supplier parts as per plan
- Identify the IMTEs for critical parameters and ensure the IMTEs are installed in Mfg. processes before SoP
- Ensure the suppliers are audited for their manufacturing capabilities through' ISA processes
- Ensure all the bugs / TGWs are captured at various build levels and ensure they are closed as per the commitment before processing the next gate
- Ensure the establishment of QMS for NPD and the process are in line with QSPs and QSFs
What Skills & Qualifications should I have?
- 6 - 8 Years of Experience in any renowned Automotive companies
- Education: Diploma/ BE in Mechanical / Automobile Engineering.
- Knowledge In APQP, PPAP, PFMEA processes in details
- Hands on exp. In handling Quality planning activities for min. one or two projects in Automotive OEMs
- Knowledge on Gauge design and approval processes, Problem solving techniques etc.,
- Skills on Internal auditing skills & IATF 16949 QMS