- Firmware Developer
3 - 5 Years
you’ll be our: Firmware developer
you’ll be based at: IBC Knowledge Park, Bengaluru
you’ll be Aligned with: Senior Manager- Hardware
you’ll be the member of: Hardware team
Here’s what we are looking for?
- In-depth knowledge of Communication protocols – SPI, I2C, UART, CAN
- Good knowledge of CPU architecture
- In-depth knowledge of DSP & ARM Architectures, controllers and programming.
- In-depth knowledge of Texas Instruments C-2000 Architecture, Texas Instruments C-2000 Controllers programming.
- In-depth knowledge of NXP Freescale Kinetis Arm Cortex-M4 Controllers architecture and programming.
- In-depth knowledge of boot-loader architecture and programming.
- Have a knowledge of timers, interrupts and other embedded peripherals
- Strong background in Firmware architecture
- Proficient in C and C++ programming languages
- Experience in application of GIT Tool
- Experience with linting tools (Poly-Space)
- Should have developed firmware for an entire product in power electronics/drives applications
- Knowledge of assembly language programming
- Experience in debugging tools (JTAG/SEGGER /Logic Analyzers/Oscilloscopes)
- Knowledge/Prior experience in digital control loop implementation on DSP/microcontroller for drives/power electronics applications
- Should know Memory Optimization and Organization skills
- Should have worked on Software-in-loop(SIL), and unit testing frameworks
What you’ll do at Ather?
- Demonstrate compliance to corporate values and Departmental procedures per requirements of the corporate QS standards.
- Demonstrate collaborative culture while staying committed to Technical deliverables
- Meet Cost, Quality & Schedule goals for Programs/Projects.
- Prepare and present compliance statements against checklists/Templates during reviews on
- Software Design/Simulation, Schematic, PCB Layout, WCA, Tolerance Analyses, IP, Safety and
- Regulatory aspects of design.
- Maximize reuse of platforms and design resources to help reduce TTM, cost and enhance
- quality. Implement lessons learnt into designs.
- Participate and contribute to DFMEA, DFM, DFA, DFC, DFS, DFR and Component
- Selection/derating reviews.
- Carry out RCA on failures and implement/recommend CAPA.
- Execute e-DVT, debug issues and help build a database of lessons learnt from the design.
- Carry out detailed Analyses and tests for WCA and Tolerance. Demonstrate compliance to
- sub-system specifications through test results.
- Execute Board Bring up and Functional Testing of Designs/Prototypes.
- Participate in Benchmarking and evaluating competing Offers in the Market.
Cross Functional responsibilities:
- Work with SW team to test, debug and verify functional requirements of SW/FW.
- Participate in supplier Meetings and Technical workshops with key component manufacturers.
- Demonstrate compliance to Component Engineering Framework.
- Provide timely information on status of project to Project Management team.
- Participate and contribute to PFMEA discussions with the NPD team.
- Work with NPD teams to verify implementation of manufacturing test plans, Jigs and Fixtures.
- Review build reports and Implement/Verify effectiveness & consistency of corrective actions.
- Handhold NPD in carrying out RCA and Implementing CAPA during PPAP builds.
- Support Sustenance through resolution of JiRA Issues during manufacturing/Prototype phase.
- Demonstrate compliance to the corporate Design & Development processes.
You bring to Ather:
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in application & firmware development
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (CS), Electrical & Electronics (EEE) or Electronics and Communications (ECE) or Equivalent field of engineering.