Geometrical Assurance Engineer
Reports to: Bodyworks Lead, Vehicle Engineering
Experience: 6-10 yrs in Bodyworks team.
Qualification: Engineering graduate in Mechanical from a reputed institute
What will I be doing at Ather?
- The Geometrical assurance engineer is responsible for ensuring that the design of Bodyworks & Chassis products are optimized for dimensional control in order to meet cosmetic, functional and assembly requirements. He /She is responsible for ensuring fit and finish requirements of Bodyworks & Chassis parts and assembly
- The Geometrical assurance engineer to ensure that proper datum systems are set , tolerances are allocated to parts and tolerance stack up studies are done to in order to meet the requirements set.
- Develop coordinated datum and assembly strategies for parts and assemblies through defining the functional relationships of toleranced features and the requirements of the design.
- Dimensional tolerancing analysis on CAD components and assembly (1D, 2D and 3D) to mature concepts and drive dimensionally optimized designs using statistical methodology.
- Interpret analysis results and provide dimensional management recommendations to support the delivery of robust design solutions.
- Analyze statistical data in order to establish target based design compatibility and to make recommendations.
- Support the development of part and system based tolerance requirements through GD&T with Design, Manufacturing and Quality.
- Review assembly and measurement tooling in order to ensure alignment with agreed and optimized design strategies.
- Provide support to solve issues related to part tolerances, fitment, fit and finish on the vehicles.(Prototype, Pre-Release and Production)
- Discuss with Manufacturing engineers to conclude on production tolerances. Provide inputs to prepare documents for measurement protocols with supplier and verify the measurement processes.
- Validate the requirements in physical and conduct root cause analysis to propose a solution to fix problems.
- This engineer shall have a close interactions with quality engineers, design team, architecture team, verification team and ME (manufacturing engineering)/Suppliers
What kind of experience & skills do I need for this role?
- Candidates must demonstrate an exceptional analytical approach and be capable of conducting statistical / worst case tolerance variation studies
- Candidate must have experience with fundamental data analysis techniques, be able to draw logical conclusions and make data driven recommendations.
- Experience in a dimensional related discipline for complex mechanical or structural systems. This may include a design, manufacturing or quality role.
- Comfortable with multi-variable capability analysis and statistical testing.
- Proficiency in 1D , 2D and 3D dimensional variation root cause analysis.
- Personal skills must include the ability to meet tight deadlines, have strong interpersonal and communication skills, be detail oriented, and have the ability to work independently.
- Demonstrate solid communication, teamwork, and relationship skills to be able to collaborate or exchange complex information with product development team members across all organizational levels
- Experience in automotive interior and exterior components - 2 to 3 Projects on Plastic body works
- Proficiency in Solidworks & CATIA
- DFMEA approach
- Sound knowledge of GD&T Awareness of manufacturing process and achievable tolerances
- DFSS trained (preferred)